Being a Mac or an iPhone user you would store your favorite music collection in Music (former iTunes). The app has convenient options that enable accessing and managing your favorite tunes with ease, and we love spending time on refining our collection, don’t we? So what happens if after years of using iPhones you have decided to switch to an Android device – an HTC phone, for example? Would you let go of your collection? Most certainly not.
How do you transfer music from iTunes to Android?
With the help of a third-party tool, of course! There are many of them out there that enable you to get music from iTunes to Android, i.e. sync HTC with Mac. Among the most popular ones are HTC Sync Manager and SyncMate, let us have a closer look at both of them. Check for yourself the best way to transfer music from computer to Android phone.
HTC Sync Manager is HTC’s own app that helps you transfer the contents of Windows Media Player and iTunes to an HTC mobile phone.
To make use of its functionality do as follows:
- Download HTC Sync Manager to your Mac, make sure you get the latest version.
- Launch the application and attach your HTC device to Mac with the help of a USB cable.
- The contents of your iTunes library should be transferred to the device automatically. Go to Music tab – all imported playlists will be displayed under This Computer. Another way to check it is to find iTunes music in iTunes Artwork Screen Saver.
- Click ‘Sync’ button on the left, the app will synchronize selected playlists; iTunes Artwork Screen saver will have to be synchronized separately.
If you find no music there, go to Display on the left side and check ‘Automatically import from iTunes’ option.
It takes a while, but as long as the job gets done, how does it matter, right? Well, if for your it does and you need a better answer to your ‘How to sync music from computer to Android?’, read on. There is another software solution that enables you to do it – SyncMate.
SyncMate is most likely the only universal solution to sync devices and accounts with Mac. It enables you to transfer music to Android phone, and not only that – other files and personal data too. It is also extremely easy to use, once you set it up, other sync sessions will require no more than a click or two.
This is SyncMate’s answer to ‘How to transfer music to Android phone?’:
- Download SyncMate, install and launch it.
- Specify how you would like your Mac and Android device to communicate – via USB, over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, follow the instructions displayed and setup the connection.
- Specify what kind of data you would like to sync – SyncMate supports various types of data. To sync your iTunes library, select ‘Music’ from the list. Imported contents will be classified by playlists, albums, artists and genres with their metadata and album covers.
- Click ‘Sync’ button. The synchronization begins and you can track its progress with the help of a progress bar displayed.
As simple as it gets, doesn’t it? Your phone now has all of your favorite songs – carry them wherever you go.
Version 8.1.475 (30 Mar, 2020) Release notes
Category: System Utilities