Keep your favorite music synced between Mac and Android device
Got some great music on your Mac and want to listen to it on your Android also without downloading these tracks from the web? Since Android devices cannot be mounted to your Mac to transfer music directly to “Music” folder on Android, the most convenient solution is to sync music between Mac and Android.
A few words about SyncMate
SyncMate is a multioptional sync tool that syncs data on Mac with Android devices. Free version of SyncMate allows syncing contacts and calendars between Mac and Android; paid (Expert) edition will sync images, videos, music, playlists, folders with files and more. With Expert edition you can mount Android as a Mac disk and manage text messages directly on Mac.
How to sync music on Mac with Android device
These steps will explain how to sync music you have on Mac with Android device.
- Download SyncMate Free edition, install it on your Mac. Launch it to display the main window. Music sync plugin is available in Expert edition so you will need to upgrade your free version. You can upgrade here (we recommend you to test SyncMate Free Edition prior to upgrading to Expert).
- Click ‘Add New’ link in the left pane and choose Android device; connect your phone or tablet to your Mac.
- Press "+" button in the top panel and choose “Music” from the plugins list; specify sync parameters. Please note that music can be synced in one direction only - from Mac to Android.
- Once parameters are set, click “Sync” and music will be updated on your device.
Besides mentioned above Android devices, SyncMate will sync data on your Mac with iOS devices, other Mac computers, online accounts and storages (iCloud, Google, Dropbox), Windows services (Outlook, Office 365 Home and
Find more info about supported devices/accounts and sync options for them here.
SyncMate requires OS X 10.8.5 and is compatible with Android 4.x-8.x devices and iOS 5.x-11.x devices.
More How To's
- How to sync contacts in Android with Address Book on Mac
- How to sync photos in Android with your Mac
- How to sync music and videos in iTunes on Mac with Android
- How to sync Safari bookmarks on Mac with bookmarks on Android devices
- An easy way to synchronize folders on Mac with Android devices
- How to sync Android calendar with Mac
- Android file transfer for Mac: mount Android devices as Mac disks
- Sync your Mac and Android automatically
- Back up your Android personal data on Mac
- How to manage Android SMS on Mac