up-to-date between your Mac and Android
Keeping contacts in sync between your computer, tablet and mobile device can simplify your life a lot. No one wants to add the same contact several times into several Contacts on different devices. If you have Mac and iPhone, this can be done easily with iTunes, but what if you have Android device that has no built-in synchronization with Mac? Syncing Mac contacts with Android can be as easy as with iPhone. If you have SyncMate of course.
So what is SyncMate?
SyncMate is a powerful sync tool that allows syncing data on Mac with your Android devices - tablet or phone.
While Free version of SyncMate will sync contacts and calendars between your Mac and Android, Expert (paid) version gives you acces to even more sync options. With SyncMate Expert you can sync music, playlists, videos, images, folders on Mac with Android; you can mount Android as Mac disk or manage SMS directly on Mac. Detailed information about Android and Mac sync can be found here.
How to sync Android contacts with Contacts on Mac with SyncMate?
Follow these steps to sync contacts on Mac with Android using SyncMate.
- Download SyncMate Free Edition and install it on your Mac. Once SyncMate is installed, launch it to display the main window.
- In the left pane click ‘Add New’ link and choose Android device and connect your phone or tablet to your Mac.
- Press "+" button in the top panel and choose “Contacts” from the plugins list; specify sync parameters.
- Once parameters are set, click “Sync” and contacts will be updated
on your devices.
On addition to Android devices, SyncMate will sync your Mac with iOS devices, other Mac computers, online accounts and storages (iCloud, Google, Dropbox), Windows services (Outlook, Office 365 Home and Business editions).
Find out more about supported devices/accounts and sync options for them here.
SyncMate requires OS X 10.10 and is compatible with Android 4.x-9.x devices and iOS 5.x-12.x devices.
More How To's
- How to sync photos in Android with your Mac
- How to sync music and videos in iTunes on Mac with Android
- How to sync Safari bookmarks on Mac with bookmarks on Android devices
- An easy way to synchronize folders on Mac with Android devices
- How to sync Android calendar with Mac
- How to sync music on Mac with your Android
- Android file transfer for Mac: mount Android devices as Mac disks
- Sync your Mac and Android automatically
- Back up your Android personal data on Mac
- How to manage Android SMS on Mac
- View and manage Android call history on Mac