Keep all files up-to-date on Mac and in Android
Keeping multiple folders with files in sync between all devices you work on can be a real headache. Copying all of these files and folders manually is very time consuming. Moreover if you have mutliple copies of the same file - which one of them is the latest? That’s where SyncMate Expert can help. It will sync folders with files between your Mac and Android in a few clicks.
Few words about SyncMate Expert
SyncMate Expert is a universal synchronization tool that allows syncing folders with files on your Mac with Android device (phone or tablet).
Besides folders’ sync, Expert version of SyncMate allows syncing images, videos, music, iTunes playlists, bookmarks, etc. between Mac and Android devices. You can manage text messages directly on Mac and mount Android as a Mac disk.
SyncMate is also offered in Free version that will sync contacts and calendars on Mac with your Android.
How to sync folders between Mac and Android?
Follow these steps to sync folders on Mac with Android using SyncMate.
- Download SyncMate and install it on your Mac. Folders sync plugin is available in Expert edition so you will need to upgrade your free version. You can upgrade here (we recommend you to test SyncMate Free Edition prior to upgrading to Expert).
- In the left pane click 'Add New' link and choose Android device. Connect your phone or tablet to your Mac.
- Press "+" button in the top panel and choose “Folders” from the plugins list. Specify sync parameters: set filters to sync particular items, configure side with a higher priority - Mac or connected device (in case a file was updated during the sync process).
- Once parameters are set, click "Sync" and folders will be updated
on your devices.
With SyncMate you can sync your Mac not just with Android devices. Sync with iOS devices, other Mac computers, online accounts and storages (iCloud, Google, Dropbox), Windows services (Outlook, Office 365 Home and Business editions)
Find more about supported devices/accounts and sync options for them here.
SyncMate requires OS X 10.8.5 and is compatible with Android 4.x-8.x devices and OS 5.x-11.x devices.
More How To's
- How to sync contacts in Android with Contacts on Mac
- How to sync photos in Android with your Mac
- How to sync music and videos in iTunes on Mac with Android
- How to sync Safari bookmarks on Mac with bookmarks on Android devices
- How to sync Android calendar with Mac
- How to sync music on Mac with your Android
- Android file transfer for Mac: mount Android devices as Mac disks
- Sync your Mac and Android automatically
- Back up your Android personal data on Mac
- How to manage Android SMS on Mac
- View and manage Android call history on Mac